As a business official at your school district, one of the most critical skills that you possess is the ability to effectively communicate the district’s financial position and risks and opportunities to individuals who do not possess a financial background.
Within the past few years, with the increasing focus on education data, this skill has become even more critical.
Watch the on-demand recording to hear the Allovue team:
- Discuss a short list of critical items that your Superintendent and Board should always be updated on
- Share visualizations on financial data that encourages conversation and ensures that the appropriate insights are being surfaced
- Consider the increasing level of questions that will come up in a post-ESSA climate
This webinar is presented by Rosalyn Curato and Cory Edmonds.
- Rosalyn is the Chief Customer Officer at Allovue, Inc. Previously, she worked at Afton Partners, helping startup schools evaluate the financial and operational considerations involved with implementing blended learning, and supporting school districts with their strategic priorities such as student-based budgeting and district redesign. Before her foray into education, Rosalyn spent six years at Citigroup focused on special projects related to the subprime crisis and received an accelerated promotion to Vice President within the Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions team.
- Cory is a District Partner for Allovue, where he works to support our districts to ensure that Balance and strategic services meet the needs of our districts. Cory is the former Model Operations Leader for Breakthrough Charter Schools where he led operations and finance for a network of six schools that served 2,000 students. He also previously served as the Director of Finance and Operations at YES Prep Public Schools - Memphis and as a Senior Budget Analyst for Atlanta Public Schools. He also served as an education finance consultant for several districts across the country while working with Education Resource Strategies and the Edunomics Lab. Cory is a graduate of the Broad Residency in Urban Education and he holds a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia.