As students across the nation head back to the classroom, our teachers, education leaders and families are under duress the likes of which we’ve never seen. The pressure to keep communities safe, day-to-day operations running smoothly, parents informed and students engaged is immense. Despite the persistent health threat, concerns for student learning, staff wellbeing and the barrage of depressing headlines—educators are rising to the challenge.
Join fellow education leaders as this peer-driven panel discussion pinpoints the strategies, tactics, approaches and processes yielding educational results in a COVID-19 world.
- Richard Martinez, Superintendent | Pomona Unified School District
- Mark Erlenwin, Principal | Staten Island Technical High School
- Jimmy Shaw, Superintendent | Florence City Schools
- Moderated by Jess Gartner, Founder & CEO | Allovue
Areas covered include:
- Mitigating health risks
- Managing flex-scheduling and blended learning
- Virtual school operations: Opportunities and hidden costs
- Family engagement and responding to public scrutiny
- The road to recovery: Calculating the cost of the pandemic